- A Rat-Grown Kidney... Who Wouldn’t That Appeal To?Written by Amelia SweeneyReports recently announced a new medical marvel, a kidney ‘grown’ in a laboratory, which after being transplanted into animals, began to produce urine. Whilst these engineered kidneys are obviously less…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- The 5 Weirdest Festivals & Traditions In The WorldWritten by Charles ClarkThere are some weird things that go on in the world, and weird people love these weird things. It seems as though the word ‘festival’ doesn’t necessarily mean getting horrendously…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- University Students Are Taking 'Smart Drugs' To Aid University PressureWritten by Stephanie SkarbekIncreasing numbers of students are taking 'smart drugs' such as Ritalin and Modafinil to help them with their concentration and studying, with busier schedules and pressure being blamed.Be the first to comment! Read more...
- BounceSIN is LIVEWritten by Christopher ClarkeFirstly, welcome to the new site! We hope you and all your friends like it and take full advantage of the vast amount of features we can now offer. Some…Be the first to comment!
- Radio 1 Essential Mix 2011Written by Christopher ClarkeAfter one of the best years since records began in 1993, the Radio One Essential Mix competition has finally come to end, make sure you check them all out on…Be the first to comment! Read more...
As the news filtered through in the late afternoon of August 1, you would have been forgiven for thinking that we had somehow gone back in time by four months and arrived back at April Fools’ Day. One Direction singer and teen heartthrob Louis Tomlinson has signed with Doncaster Rovers football club. Incredulous, thousands of football fans flocked to Twitter to express their shock and concern, while others jumped quickly on the potential jokes. ‘Doncaster Rovers won’t have a good season - they’ll be going in one direction’. Cue groans. All the while teenage girls worldwide congratulated him and revelled in the news (even finding out what colour socks Harry is wearing on any given day would count as something to get excited about for them). Surely, then, this all must be some kind of twisted joke?
With the Bigga Fish ‘Just Talent’ grand finale set to set to blow us away in London on May 26, BounceSIN caught up with finalist, Ricky Fleming. From Leeds, the 21 year old singer-songwriter can be currently found in the West Yorkshire area performing a number of different gigs, guitar in hand, hoping for that big break. We asked him a few questions to see if we see if we could find out a bit more about this young musician.
30 Seconds to Mars’ new album Lust, Love, Faith, and Dreams is their first in four years, and it takes the listener on a journey into what can only be described as the eerie, self-reflexive, melancholic state of mind of lead-singer Jared Leto. Previously, he had stated that he wanted an album that ‘has ebb and flow and content and structure’, and the American trio have achieved just that. At the expense of subtlety, this is a concept album based on its very title; each of the four sections ‘Lust’, ‘Love’, ‘Faith’ and ‘Dreams’ are announced by a female voice at the end or beginning of various tracks, as we make our way through the album.
What was supposed to be a pleasant sporting day for runners and spectators alike at the 2013 Boston Marathon quickly turned into chaos and disaster yesterday, after reports of two explosions at the finish line - approximately twenty seconds apart - began to surface on Twitter and news outlets across the world. Graphic images soon littered Timelines: runners who only moments before had been smiling in delight at having neared the end of the race, now lying screaming and bloody on the ground, stands previously full of cheering supporters now empty and in flames.
A connoisseur of fine art and a marvellous artist herself, Alex Connor’s meticulous eye for detail and ever-present eagerness for a new challenge has taken her from writing non-fiction and historical books, to producing captivating thrillers such as The Rembrandt Secret and Legacy of Blood. Alex’s deep interest in the history of the art world and the Old Masters manifests itself in fictitious fashion as we explore the lost secrets of artists such as Hogarth and Rembrandt. With her latest novel, The Memory of Bones, released last November, we catch up with Alex and ask her a few questions.
Finally back on his feet from codeine-induced seizures that left him seriously hospitalized, hip hop artist Lil Wayne releases the sequel to his 2010 album I Am Not a Human Being. Yes, you guessed it, I Am Not a Human Being II. As one of the most recognisable and biggest-selling artists on the planet, perhaps unfortunately for some, this release is pretty much impossible to ignore.
Aside from sipping cold beer and working on topping up the tan, this summer’s holiday was memorable for another, more significant reason. While abroad, it came to attention that there was a young boy staying in the same complex, that never left the pool. He was loud, excitable, and from a distance he was just a regular child enjoying his summer holiday. It wasn’t until later that we realised that he was just one of many young children suffering from autism. In some ways it was a lesson in what can be the harsh differences between appearance and reality.
With the arrival of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games this summer, a noticeable change has fallen upon the streets of Great Britain. People no longer avoid each other as they walk by, instead fondly sharing quick smiles at one another as if in the knowledge of some private joke. The spirit of the games has poured hope and expectation into our hearts, in a world where death and violence regularly take centre stage. From the moment Danny Boyle forged the Olympic rings in a celebration of the Industrial Revolution and we were treated to a quite spectacular celebration of British culture, all our worries were forgotten.
In all likelihood, diabetes is a disease that you will know of – be it through your own experience, or through a relative or friend. Even if by some slim chance you don’t know anyone that has diabetes, it is extremely likely that you will have heard of it. Diabetes is rapidly becoming one of the UK’s biggest health risks, and it is estimated that by 2025 there will be five million people affected in the country.
With lovely golden, sandy beaches and a crystal clear, sparkling sapphire sea, we have an image that could be taken from a multitude of sun-kissed holiday destinations across the world, and dropped onto the front of a picturesque postcard. Yet this isn’t Majorca or Tenerife; traditional tourist excursions. Instead, we have the stunning and splendid, lesser-known island of Skiathos, in Greece. It is a place that offers scenic and vibrant views, endless relaxation, and in essence, a holiday that you will never forget.