The recently built 4200 watt Shifty Chicken sound system will be present to blast some tasty bass and volume around the intimate venue to all lucky club goers. If the ‘free entry’ and custom sound system isn’t enough for you, then perhaps the drink deals will tempt you in. With £2 jager shots, £2.50 jager bombs and other great deals on beers and vodka mixers, who can say no to those prices!
Shifty Chicken Promotions has been about since 2010 but only recently morphed into a professional venture specialising in events, sound hire and design work. As former students at the University of Leeds, the guys at Shifty Chicken have a solid love for the music and venues available in Leeds. Following the completion of the sound system, the business has begun to launch it’s own nights, beginning with Sub Island.
Shifty Chicken Promotions have previously worked with globally recognised acts such as Goldie and Plastician, whilst supporting great local and UK talent such as Backbeat Soundsystem, East Park Reggae Collective and Ruckspin. The last event ‘Day of Dub’ hosted by Shifty Chicken at the Leeds University Union sold out and raised £2000 for Cancer Research UK.
Watch out for more events from the Shifty Chicken team at their facebook and website:
- Hideout 2012Written by Christopher ClarkeThe days may still be getting shorter but already it is time to think about next Summer. With international festivals becoming the big thing to do, it is now…Be the first to comment!
- Welfare or Well Unfair?Written by India JohnsonDavid Cameron’s recent suggestion that people under the age of 25 could lose housing benefits is sure to stir up some fiery reactions amongst the younger generation of Britain. The…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Promises, Promises: Why 3D Cinema is NOT the Second ComingWritten by Samantha HamesFor a long time, I’ve been harbouring a secret. A great big, dirty secret. Now I used to think that maybe this secret was not such a big deal. I’d…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- BounceSIN Festival Team Is Here!Written by Christopher ClarkeWe are looking for a number of promoters who want to EARN SOME DRINKING MONEY FAST by selling festival/holiday tickets online!!! We have all the promotional material you need to…Be the first to comment!
- Abercrombie and Fitch – You’re only making things worse for yourself. Written by Joanna Bateson-HillIt would appear that as a young boy Mike Jefferies, was never taught the phrase, 'if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all.'Be the first to comment! Read more...