- Invasion AngelsWritten by Carl JrTHE INVASION HAS LANDED! And we couldn't be happier. The Angels are fronted by Miss Holly Muldoon, Amy Green and Emily Cheadle... and to be honest, we can't think…Be the first to comment!
- Why Being A Snob Is GoodWritten by oscar greggWe all hate snobs. You can picture that annoying person scowling at certain music or eating establishments. Snobs are vain, overly-informed creatures who worship luxury and refuse to get their…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Think it. Don't Say it.Written by Jessica BaggaleyI would like to try a little magic trick – bear with me. I’m going to admit to three non-groundbreaking things and then I’m going to predict what you are…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- The Death of the BookshopWritten by India JohnsonThe year is 2084. Cold, steel benches line a vast warehouse, on top of which sit hundreds of vacant, motionless humans. There is no sound but that of steady breathing,…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Leeds: ‘Best city in the World’Written by Elliot Powell- By Elliot Powell Although the field is somewhat limited, one of the best decisions made in my life was at the naïve age of seventeen. Instead of revising a…Be the first to comment! Read more...
Welcome back boys and girls, to our Cynics' A-Z of University. We’ll pick up where we left off shall we?
As thousands of students arrive at university for the first time, here is BounceSIN's cynics' A-Z of university life..
This week, Channel 4 genuinely upset me. Now Channel 4, can be upsetting for many reasons. From it’s news with the rather dashing John Snow, to it’s rather gripping documentary’s that normally involve somebody who was born half horse, half orangutan. It’s normally seen as the edgy channel compared to ITV and the BBC. Recently, however, Channel 4 aired a program called ‘How Not To Look Old’ - which, in my mind, was so offensive it may of well as been a man sitting there shouting profanities at me for an hour.
It is known as the worst attack ever to occur on U.S. soil. Its image is gruesomely iconic. It has started wars and conflicts that have raged within the Middle East for the past twelve years, that shows no signs of ceasing. There have been memorials, films, TV programmes, documentaries and conspiracy theories depicting what really happened that day. On the 12th anniversary of 9/11, we remember all those who lost their lives when the planes hit the Twin Towers. What we don’t usually stop to think about, is the impact that 9/11 had upon the world, and the lives it affected as a result.
In general, Western Europe is seen as a modern and civilized place to live. There are no wars being fought on European soil and our human rights laws are pretty decent compared to others. We’re allowed a freedom of speech and human rights. Our own personal freedoms are given high priority and the idea of slavery doesn’t seem like a reality. However, take a closer look and you will discover that modern forms of slavery still exist right under our noses.
In the past week, two shocking events have gripped Western Society . The first is Miley Cyrus and her gyrating derrière; the other, a the two year long civil war in Syria which has killed thousands and left hundreds of thousands as refugees. Who knew that twerking and chemical weapons could co-exist so peacefully? It’s difficult to say which has received more press attention: Twerking or chemical weapons of mass destruction. Overall, it appears twerking is the overall winner, in the confines of Twitter anyway. Well, at least we've got our priorities in order.
When starting your university career, making friends can always feel a little daunting. You’re going to spend the next three or four years of your life with these people, so you want to make sure that you choose some good 'uns. But fear not, help is at hand. Just follow these five easy steps and there’s a strong chance you’ll be as happy as Larry smoking a Cuban Cigar.
In the history of Britain, the welfare state is a relatively new concept. Introduced after WWII, it was to ensure that no family went hungry or without a doctor ever again: a supposed thank-you if you will to all those men and women who helped defeat ze Germans. The welfare state encompasses everything from the NHS, to free education. However there is one pocket of the aforementioned that always seems to cause a bit of a stir: Benefits, those who are deserving and those who are not.
If you are of the Indie wanker persuasion, like me, then feast your eyes (and ears) on these bad boys. All of those listed below have been around for quite some time. Yet, because – for some mysterious reason - society dictates ‘good music’ to consist of a hell of a lot of whining and auto tune, they’ve never really made it to number one.