- All Twerk And No Play Makes Miley A Dull GirlWritten by Lizzie ScourfieldEvery so often there is something in the media world that will capture the attention of the internet and spew so much social commentary it’s as though the vomit scene…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- The (Un)whole Woman: Why Louise Mensch’s Resignation Puts The Boot Into Modern FeminismWritten by Samantha HamesNoted Tory Louise Mensch has announced that she is to step down as MP for Corby and East Northhamptonshire. Her reason? She can no longer balance her political work with…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Hetero vs. MetroWritten by Amy Kilvington- By Amy Kilvington Over the past few years, various social events have presented the primped and preened members of the male species: the metrosexuals. I’ve been aware of the…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Immortal Technique - The MartyrWritten by Christopher ClarkeReview: Immortal Technique - The Martyr Click Here To Download For Free Immortal Technique - The MartyrRapper Immortal Technique opens The Martyr, his free mixtape, with…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Tax dodgers? How much does your average Joe care? Very little it seems. Written by Joanna Bateson-HillI don’t care what people say, we’ve got it pretty sweet in the UK. Ok, things aren’t perfect but we’ve got free health care, police, education and a social welfare…Be the first to comment! Read more...
BounceSIN Chats To BIGGA FISH 'JUST TALENT' Finalist Ricky Fleming About His Music and Fans Perving On Him In The Toilet...Written by Ben Johnson
With the Bigga Fish ‘Just Talent’ grand finale set to set to blow us away in London on May 26, BounceSIN caught up with finalist, Ricky Fleming. From Leeds, the 21 year old singer-songwriter can be currently found in the West Yorkshire area performing a number of different gigs, guitar in hand, hoping for that big break. We asked him a few questions to see if we see if we could find out a bit more about this young musician.
BounceSIN - So, let’s talk about your song 'Do You Believe'. It seems to be an inspirational song about believing in your dreams. What inspired you to take up singing and song-writing?
BounceSIN - Have you always wanted to be a musician or did you ever feel like you would go down a different route?
BounceSIN - Being a singer-songwriter in a modern day world full of thousands of wannabe-stars on YouTube and playing in whatever bars/clubs are possible, it’s a difficult industry to break into. Have you ever felt so frustrated that you have considered giving it up?
BounceSIN - Who are your main musical influences? As a singer-songwriter is it all about artists such as Ed Sheeran or do you also listen to a more select range of artists?
BounceSIN - What would you like to achieve from your music? Is it all about the riches, fame, and girls screaming your name, or is there a different long-term goal?
BounceSIN - You seem like a cool, laid-back character. Do you ever get pre-performance nerves? If so is it a case of settling them with a quick pint or do you have a different pre-gig routine?
BounceSIN - Despite only being at the beginning of your career, have you ever had something truly crazy happen at a gig; something where you’ve just stopped and thought, ‘What the f*ck?’
BounceSIN - We can hear a few of your own songs and covers dotted about on the internet. Do you have any future plans for a full-length project and what can you tell us about it? Or is the concentration just on doing different gigs for now?
BounceSIN - Finally, as a Leeds resident what are your favourite clubs and bars to go out to in a city known for its mad antics? Where would you recommend to a newcomer?
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway.