- An Interview with the Leeds Roller DollsWritten by Samantha HamesYesterday we reported about the new Roller Derby craze. There are many national teams that are dedicated to increasing the profile of the sport itself. These teams hold local bouts,…18 comments Read more...
- Tequila's 'Fresher Violation': Are We Condoning a Rape Culture?Written by Stephanie SkarbekLast month, the Leeds Student newspaper published a shocking article exposing an event called ‘Freshers Violation’. They managed to get hold of an uncut audio of the original video clip…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Bestival 2012 Line Up ReleasedWritten by Christopher ClarkeWe’re having a wild old time down at Bestival HQ planning a long weekend of ferocious fun for this September at Robin Hill Country Park. We’ve already lined-up amazing…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- On The Edge of the WorldWritten by Daniel SheridanAs the world watched on, Felix Baumgartner jumped from 128,000 ft towards mass celebrations. This feat had never been successful before; new world records and a hero had been created…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- A Rat-Grown Kidney... Who Wouldn’t That Appeal To?Written by Amelia SweeneyReports recently announced a new medical marvel, a kidney ‘grown’ in a laboratory, which after being transplanted into animals, began to produce urine. Whilst these engineered kidneys are obviously less…Be the first to comment! Read more...
BounceSIN Chats To BIGGA FISH 'JUST TALENT' Finalist Ricky Fleming About His Music and Fans Perving On Him In The Toilet...Written by Ben Johnson
With the Bigga Fish ‘Just Talent’ grand finale set to set to blow us away in London on May 26, BounceSIN caught up with finalist, Ricky Fleming. From Leeds, the 21 year old singer-songwriter can be currently found in the West Yorkshire area performing a number of different gigs, guitar in hand, hoping for that big break. We asked him a few questions to see if we see if we could find out a bit more about this young musician.
BounceSIN - So, let’s talk about your song 'Do You Believe'. It seems to be an inspirational song about believing in your dreams. What inspired you to take up singing and song-writing?
BounceSIN - Have you always wanted to be a musician or did you ever feel like you would go down a different route?
BounceSIN - Being a singer-songwriter in a modern day world full of thousands of wannabe-stars on YouTube and playing in whatever bars/clubs are possible, it’s a difficult industry to break into. Have you ever felt so frustrated that you have considered giving it up?
BounceSIN - Who are your main musical influences? As a singer-songwriter is it all about artists such as Ed Sheeran or do you also listen to a more select range of artists?
BounceSIN - What would you like to achieve from your music? Is it all about the riches, fame, and girls screaming your name, or is there a different long-term goal?
BounceSIN - You seem like a cool, laid-back character. Do you ever get pre-performance nerves? If so is it a case of settling them with a quick pint or do you have a different pre-gig routine?
BounceSIN - Despite only being at the beginning of your career, have you ever had something truly crazy happen at a gig; something where you’ve just stopped and thought, ‘What the f*ck?’
BounceSIN - We can hear a few of your own songs and covers dotted about on the internet. Do you have any future plans for a full-length project and what can you tell us about it? Or is the concentration just on doing different gigs for now?
BounceSIN - Finally, as a Leeds resident what are your favourite clubs and bars to go out to in a city known for its mad antics? Where would you recommend to a newcomer?
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway.