- A Digital GodWritten by Christopher Gennard‘God answers kneemail’ The above claim was written on a poster outside a church. It is absolute nonsense. Has God now been replaced by the magical divinity of cyberspace? Stop…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Media-ocre CelebritiesWritten by Saul McArthurSo my friend Charlie recently got his hair cut. I know; I can barely manage to complete this sentence over the overwhelming sounds of you caring.Twitter, however (as much as…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Roller Derby: Your New Favourite SportWritten by Samantha HamesTired of the football? Tennis too slow? Is Olympics hype bringing you down? Perhaps it's time for something new. If you’re looking for action, if you’re thirsting for speed, it's…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- Red faced and shins grazed, and the end of a chance.Written by Jack CowellLet’s get down in writing thoughts on the apology, to all those whom he has wronged during the incumbent coalition, issued by Nick Clegg. The apology itself has been a…Be the first to comment! Read more...
- The BBC Asks ‘Is Porn good for you?’ Yes, You Heard Right,The BBC Written by Joanna Bateson-HillTeenage boys up and down the country, rejoice! Apparently there’s actually an academic debate as to whether porn can be considered good for you. Well not in your get your five…Be the first to comment! Read more...
BounceSIN Chats To BIGGA FISH 'JUST TALENT' Finalist Ricky Fleming About His Music and Fans Perving On Him In The Toilet...Written by Ben Johnson
With the Bigga Fish ‘Just Talent’ grand finale set to set to blow us away in London on May 26, BounceSIN caught up with finalist, Ricky Fleming. From Leeds, the 21 year old singer-songwriter can be currently found in the West Yorkshire area performing a number of different gigs, guitar in hand, hoping for that big break. We asked him a few questions to see if we see if we could find out a bit more about this young musician.
BounceSIN - So, let’s talk about your song 'Do You Believe'. It seems to be an inspirational song about believing in your dreams. What inspired you to take up singing and song-writing?
BounceSIN - Have you always wanted to be a musician or did you ever feel like you would go down a different route?
BounceSIN - Being a singer-songwriter in a modern day world full of thousands of wannabe-stars on YouTube and playing in whatever bars/clubs are possible, it’s a difficult industry to break into. Have you ever felt so frustrated that you have considered giving it up?
BounceSIN - Who are your main musical influences? As a singer-songwriter is it all about artists such as Ed Sheeran or do you also listen to a more select range of artists?
BounceSIN - What would you like to achieve from your music? Is it all about the riches, fame, and girls screaming your name, or is there a different long-term goal?
BounceSIN - You seem like a cool, laid-back character. Do you ever get pre-performance nerves? If so is it a case of settling them with a quick pint or do you have a different pre-gig routine?
BounceSIN - Despite only being at the beginning of your career, have you ever had something truly crazy happen at a gig; something where you’ve just stopped and thought, ‘What the f*ck?’
BounceSIN - We can hear a few of your own songs and covers dotted about on the internet. Do you have any future plans for a full-length project and what can you tell us about it? Or is the concentration just on doing different gigs for now?
BounceSIN - Finally, as a Leeds resident what are your favourite clubs and bars to go out to in a city known for its mad antics? Where would you recommend to a newcomer?
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway.